The Consumnes River Preserve:
I'll give you an introduction to some of the birds we'd never seen before moving here. . .


pintails:
pintail butts:

Cinnamon Teal:
Bufflehead:
Hmmm?
red-tailed hawk


pintails:
pintail butts:

Cinnamon Teal:
Bufflehead:
Hmmm?
red-tailed hawk
1 comment:
hehe! I love the pintail butts!
It's really nice to see other birds that you hadn't seen before, huh? Last year Eric and I had a good time looking at the birds off my sister Wendy's dock (she lived in Belvedere/Tiburon which is in Marin County, on the SF bay), gazing through binoculars, constantly flipping through the bird book- "I think it's THIS one! Oh, no wait, those are only found in Texas...okay, well what about THIS one?!," etc. It's amazing how absorbing birding can be. I could never really do the songbird birding though...not seriously. Since when those types are most active is like 5 hours from when I wake up!!!! HA!
Post a Comment