
If you know me (Leigh) well, you know that I am not a 1st generation technology jump-on-the-bandwagon kinda gal. As a clan, we Needlemans have been known to wait for the 3rd generation of a technological 'breakthrough' before going ahead and spending some hard earned cash. History has taught us well - BetaMax and those weird LP-sized movie discs? I'm sure you can come up with hundreds - first generation hybrids, iPhones, etc. I digress. I also know a thing or two about photography. As I've become more environmentally aware and spending more time in the laboratory with solutions in the dark, I have been less interested in printing my own photos, and therefore in taking 'real' photos as well. So, I'll cut to the chase: I finally bought a digtal SLR after years of moaning about our digital point-and-shoots. Admittedly, it hasn't been a bed of roses; there have been a few hurdles to tackle - I actually sent the first body back with four unforgivable 'hot pixels'. But today was Day 2 with my happy new Nikon D80. (. . .we'll see if I get the B+W film/paper bug again sometime soon...) Meanwhile, I hope you will enjoy some of the photos I took yesterday:
bats emerging at dusk:
road perpendicular to I80 by the causeway:
near the RR tracks:
a rare site in our area of CA, a sunset with clouds:
1 comment:
Photos look beautiful!!! Not that I didn't already know you had it in you.
I got really frustrated recently, trying to take photos of wildflowers, with our digital point & shoot. My mother in law has a digital SLR too- she just got it- and now between the two of you, I want one!
Unfortunately, I think it's going to have to wait. As my next electronic toy is the Kindle, which I figure will be good during all the time I will spend breastfeeding. And only one digital toy at a time allowed for each of us! :) (Eric just got an iPhone)
Post a Comment