Friday, March 16, 2007

We bet that you are just dying to hear about our commutes...right?!



Okay, so despite our commentary on the oddities of CA, my commute rocks. Davis has an extensive bike path system throughout the town and school (see detailed map above - you will be quized at the end of this blog). My commute consists of about 2.5 miles of bike path and 0.15 miles of road driving. The path follows a quiet stream and travels along farmland. I only see an occasional biker, runner, and dog-walker.


Andrew on the other hand, heads out East every morning - stopping approximately 2,806 miles short of Paterson, NJ. It takes him a total of 12 minutes - he arrives in half the time it takes me to get to the lab. Actually, Andrew's drive is quite interesting - spanning about 6 miles of "the 80" called "the Causeway" - driving through marshland full of exotic, migratory bird species.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've become more and more convinced that a good commute is a gigantic contributor to quality of life. I mean, I'm not saying anything profound here, but I don't think I used to think it was as big a deal until Matt started doing his awful trek up to Natick every day. I'm glad you guys are so well set up!