Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Andrew's visit to NYC

So, without Leigh to hang out with, I decided to head to NYC where I got to hang out with Pags, Patrick, Nona, Marc, Michael, Alex, Scott, and a bunch of other peeps. I headed down to the Ventry Inn.

Afterwards, I headed to the Living Room as the initiative for this little venture was that my buddy Milton was playing in a tribute to "The Band" at the Living Room on Monday July 7th and then had a solo show the next night. It was a most excellent night as in addition to Milton there were more than 40 other acts who showed up including Josh Ritter and Norah Jones!

The next day, I went for a fine fine ramble in Central Park. . .

Following that experience, I headed back to the Living Room for Milton's Set. . . Great stuff! If you aren't familiar with his stuff, Here are a couple of live performances from Youtube that are great!
In the City and a cover of Van Morrison's Hard Nose the Highway that I actually think may be stronger than the original?

Anyway, late night after that event, I toodled along to catch up with my buddy Alex on his b-day (one he shares with Kevin Bacon). . . It's really a shame that neither he nor Kevin Bacon are sporting a mustache these days. . .

No comments: