We are making an effort to get used things for our bigger furniture (couches, bookshelves, etc), but after a few visits to local thrift shops, we were somewhat disgusted and ran to Ikea for some new lamps and a few stands for the "sound system" and bedside tables...
The living room so far:
Through Craigslist, we got a used bookshelf and desk for our second bedroom / study... Now we just need a desk chair, a futon/bed for this room. . .
Through Craigslist, we picked up a used dresser from Folsom, CA. While driving to their house, we even passed the famous prison; there were a few hitchhikers, we decided to give them a lift...just kidding. We went wild on the lighting at Ikea; they look better in person without flash photography... Here are a few pictures of our bedroom:
Here is what the backyard looks like through a rain-soaked window:
5 comments:
I really do like Ikea lights. I need to get my patootie over to ours (it's next to the Mall of America so I try to avoid, as the whole idea makes me rather upchucky) and get some lights.
oh and i meant to say-- you;ll have to drive by san quentin the next time you are in marin (just drive over richmond bridge to marin county, then all you have to do is follow the signs!!!) it's on the very edge of the bay. that's be some PRIME real estate.
i remember driving by folsom and san quentin rather close together in time (when i drove all over Cali all the time for work) and it was kind of eerie.
Daniela, Folsom prison has quite a hunk of property! We actually wanted to live there - beautiful trees, lawns, and hills. I wonder how extensive the property is - and why? we will make a special trip to San Quentin just for you - anyone special I should say hi to?
Looks like your apartment is shaping up really well! Will you be able to plant things in your backyard?
I have never yet been to Ikea. It sounds like a magical wonderland.
welcome to the land of pre-historic plants and trees! I love california's strangeness.
Post a Comment