
In preparation for Passover, we made a traditional chicken soup and brisket this weekend. I can't handle the onions, and even behind my sunglasses, my eyes were in pain and I cried 96 tears. . . When in Providence, I used to don swimming goggles when cutting onions, but we don't have them here. . . Anyway, happy matzoh munching for those who will be this week. . . mmmm cardboard....
3 comments:
you look very silly in your dark glasses! and it's funny because I just got some onion-cutting goggles for my cousin, for her birthday. I thought it was ingeneous idea as I suffer terribly too.
and hey! no bashing of the matzoh! eric and i, gentiles and strange little people that we are, love matzoh. i always used to go to the matzoh bar at school during Passover (this was at just regular, non-denominational school, not Catholic school).
Oh man, that picture is too funny. Not that I really want to laugh at your pain.
I've heard that putting onions in the freezer for 10 minutes before chopping them up helps. No idea if it actually works.
Happy Passover!
i will try the freezer trick for sure. . . my eyes cannot handle another experience like the one captured in this imaged. i really cried and cried and had to run out of the kitchen several times in pain!
mom and dad N. are sending us swimming goggles in the mail. phew!
Post a Comment