On Saturday we took a ride up into Lake Tahoe. We intended to do some x-country skiing with Mark and Rebecca, but upon arrival we realized there was very little snow. So we went for a nice hike instead. Although there wasn't enough snow cover for skiing, there was enough to making hiking an entertaining challenge as we kept falling into snow holes up to our waists! The views of the Lake were spectacular. The clouds reminded us of those we saw in Argentina - very unusual for us to see.
Sunday, April 1, 2007
Tahoe - sin nieve
On Saturday we took a ride up into Lake Tahoe. We intended to do some x-country skiing with Mark and Rebecca, but upon arrival we realized there was very little snow. So we went for a nice hike instead. Although there wasn't enough snow cover for skiing, there was enough to making hiking an entertaining challenge as we kept falling into snow holes up to our waists! The views of the Lake were spectacular. The clouds reminded us of those we saw in Argentina - very unusual for us to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beautiful! It sounds like a wonderful day even without the skiing. I visit Tahoe once but I was unfortunately at an age where I couldn't appreciate much other than my 8th grade crush and the state of my bangs (the hairstyle bangs, not the dirty kind), so I didn't really get to take in the scenery.
Perhaps when I come visit you!
if you come for that wedding, we can go to tahoe - it's about an hour from the town your cousin is getting married. that'd be fun! oh, do tell us more about your 8th grade crush.... just kidding.
Post a Comment